Recommended Practice Resources
Institutional Vision and Leadership Commitment
Institution-wide web accessibility is best attained and sustained when there is leadership to support institution-wide vision and commitment toward accessibility.
GOALS Blueprint for Institutional Web Accessibility This blueprint will guide you through several key phases of implementing institutional accessibility.
A Personal Look at Accessibility in Higher Education This GOALS video highlights the experiences of students and faculty with disabilities in higher education.
Commitment of Administrative Leadership
- Leading the Charge: Ensuring Your Institution's Web Presence Works for Everyone. Developed by GOALS, this action paper can help you make the case for accessibility to administrators.
- GOALS Templates:
- Advice for Gaining Top Level Support. From WebAIM's 8-Step Implementation Model.
- Web Accessibility: Guidelines for Administrators. An overview of web accessibility and advice from Sheryl Burgstahler at DO-IT.
- Statements of commitment and support
- Presentation Template: Making the Case for Web Accessibility